It has been a few weeks since I have posted…
You have many platforms to choose from when doing social media, of course. Instagram, owned by Facebook, is one platform that we are a big fan of! This app allows you to instantly take, edit, and share photos. You can then apply one of many filters if you wish to change the look and feel of the photo.
Instagram is great if you like to post photos of travel, capture memories with friends & family, or take that selfie when you’re feeling inspired. It’s great for businesses too. We use it with Gay Ambitions to promote our podcast interviews, blog posts, and members of our community.
With this app, it’s also extremely easy to share your photo to Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Flickr, foursquare, andミクシィ / Mixi all with one click of a button, expanding your reach substantially. Hashtags are very important on Instagram and make it easy to find other photos you’ll like and users to follow.
The LGBT community has always been known for having leaders in design, fashion, & art – and it makes sense why we have a strong presence on Instagram (just click through some of the popular hashtags and you can see for yourself).
In celebration of our community of LGBT and straight allies on Instagram, we want to feature some cool users that are out there. We’re looking for variety here, and here are some examples of what we are looking for:
• Beautiful scenery and travel photos
• People who are using photos to show that they are working hard to become better – whether that be through business, school, or training
• Unique accounts
• The use of photos to promote messages of peace, love, & self-empowerment
All you have to do to win a chance to be featured is:
1. Follow our Instagram account, @GayAmbitions.
2. Like the photo below on Instagram.
3. Tag @GayAmbitions in a new photo with the hashtag #GayAmbitions in the caption.
Contest will end January 10. We will select some winners, and do a write-up about each account selected next year.